Most of us don’t need serious hiking boots for dog walking. Even so, there are various things to consider when buying boots for dog walking. The main things are that you want to be comfortable and dry. You want boots suited to the terrain that you plan to walk on most of the time and you want boots that fit well whilst supporting your ankles.
So, we’ve found some options here for different dog walking needs:
Merrell Women’s Chameleon 7
These Gortex and Leather walking boots are designed especially to fit women. If you have ever experienced Gortex before, you will know that it offers exceptional waterproof capabilities in a lightweight, breathable material option. The boots are lightweight.
The Nuebuk suede leather upper is over the Goretex liner, and they are set on a kinetic removable insole that offers additional flexible support while the special Merrell cushioned heel absorbs shock. The Chameleon is an attractive boot being black with mint accents.
- GORE-TEX waterproof membrane, exceptional breathability and waterproof performance. Nubuck, suede leather and mesh upper. Metal hook and lacing eyelet for secure lacing.
- Bellows tongue keeps debris out. Protective rubber toe cap. Molded TPU heel counter for added stability.
- Breathable mesh lining. Kinetic Fit Base removable contoured insole for flexible support. Merrell air cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability.
Salomon Mens Quest 4D 3 GTX Boot
Where the Merrells above are designed for women, these Salomon walking boots are designed especially for men. They are based on a 4D chassis to give excellent stability and reduce fatigue. They are perfect for rough terrain. These lightweight boots are Goretex lined for breathable, waterproof comfort and the outer is suede look synthetic material.
The Quest boots are available in black, brown, green, grey and yellow and grey.
- The fourth generation of our legendary Speedcross lug pattern is still a hungry monster for eating soft, technical trails
- Feel at one with the trail with a precise combination of Sensifit with Quicklace, Performance Last Shape and EndoFit
- Just enough to protect technical trail running
Berghaus Men’s Expeditor Ridge 2.0 Walking Boots
High rise style with an OPTI-STUD sole, these Berghaus boots are made to keep your feet dry. They have leather uppers and an AQ breathable waterproof lining with an EVA sole. These do tend to come out a little narrow for the size, but that should mean that they will work well for many women seeking a plainer boot than the Chameleon.
- Waterproof your feet - banish muddy puddles from your worry list and concentrate on the trail ahead
- Thanks to the breathable AQ waterproof lining, your feet can stay cool and dry
- Built to last - the durable scuff-resistant treated leather upper is ready for anything
Grisport Women’s Quatro Hiking Boot
These classic looking walking boots have a waxed leather upper over a rubber sole with a Spotex breathable and waterproof fabric liner. The boots have a block heel and rugged sole. They are a great option for rugged going with the non-slip flexible soles and excellent ankle support. The Grisport Quatro are completely waterproof and lightweight. Size wise they are fairly true to size, but better to order larger if in doubt.
- Waxed Leather Upper
- Waterproof & Breathable 'Spotex' Membrane Lining
- Vibram Sole 'Pathfinder'
Muck BootsWomen’s Arctic Sport Tall Rain Boot
When your dog walk is more urban chic than rugged mountains and moorland, then these lightweight wellies from Muck Boot will fit the brief beautifully for cold and wet weather. The Artic Sport boots also fit true to size. They offer a dual-density EVA footbed, flexifoam for added comfort and rubber outer and sole. These are fur fabric lined for warmth. The Arctic Sport is available in several colours: Black, Black and Pink, Black with Navy, Black and Spruce, black with Pink and Mauve Pattern.
Joules Men’s Fieldmoor Rain Boot
With a waterproof rubber outer and sole, these black men’s wellies have a comfortable organic cotton stretch jersey lining. They have good rugged soles and adjustable gusset straps. They are 100% waterproof and available in black. A good choice of wellie for road, park and occasional country walk use in wet weather. They are a comfortable fit ti size, but you may need a boot jack to get them off.
- Toy drum set: Drumroll please from b toys is a portable parade kit, with 7 musical Instruments for toddlers.
- 7-Pieces: comes with 1 toy drum, 2 drumsticks, castanets, 1 Whistle, 1 tambourine and 1 Shaka egg.
- Storage included: Easy to store and carry. All 7 children’s musical instruments fit in the drum.
Dublin Waterproof River Boots
These boots are a full-grain leather upper knee-high pull-on boot with a rubber sole. The boots offer a moisture-wicking RCS footbed with a nylon upper lining, arch support and double cushioning layer. Available in brown, tan, chocolate or black, the Dublin Waterproof River Boots are waterproof and stylish. They are well made, of good quality, fit true to size and look very expensive.
An ideal choice for wet, muddy dog walking.
- Waterproof and breathable country boot
- Full grain leather upper with elastic top gusset and adjustable lace
- Moisture-wicking RCS footbed system for comfort and breathability
We think we’ve found a great varied selection of walking boots ideal for dog walking. Hopefully, you agree and can find the perfect boots for your exact requirements here.