Canicross is a popular sport that you can enjoy with your canines. It is increasingly becoming popular in the UK. If your pet dog is at least 12 months old, you can take him for his first Canicross experience. The sport involves running to a different degree. This is why you can say that it sits right next to competitive sports such as bikejoring or skijoring. Today’s blog is all about how to choose the best canicross harness.
In this off-season sport, the dog is strapped to a running person. The human runner wears a belt, clipped with a running line that attaches all the way to a harness at the dog’s collar. As the dog pulls, he takes the runner with him forward. Together they manage to sync the speed and get across as quickly as possible.
As a sport, it is fascinating because you’re not just going out on a walk with your dog. He has the freedom to take you forward while feeling the fun kick in!
Usually, you can run cross-country with one or a few of your pooches. To participate, you must have a well-groomed dog for that kind of running. So it requires you to spend some time training your fur buddy. Other than that, it’s absolutely fun – keeps the adrenaline rushing because there is a sense of competition.
You need to maintain caution when it comes to participating in Canicross. There is a lot of tugging and rushing involved, so ensure ultimate comfort and security for the both of you. Get a harness that keeps him safe and helps him win you both a good game in confidence!
Outdoor harnesses should be your prime choice because they are robust and have tight and secure clips for holding on. At the same time, the material should be comfortable around the collar, so your pooch doesn’t get strained or bruised from all the fierce running.
We’re about to give you the best insight about good manufacturers of Canicross dog harnesses which are Dingo Waldemar, LasaLine, Newka, DogFit and Northern Howl.
1. Dingo Waldemar Canicross Leash
- For beginners and advanced runners
- Free hands while moving with the dog
- Amortize pulling, back protection
- The possibility to lead multiple dogs
- Original brand since year 1977 = high quality of products
If you have not one, not even two but maybe more dogs than that, this leash is perfect for you. It harnesses a few doggos at once without making it hard to run cross-country for competition. Dingo Waldemar is a 1977 reliant brand that has excelled its game in creating the best for dogs of all breeds. And because humans accompany these precious paws, this brand has products for you too. These are multi-functional, made of impeccable quality and fit perfectly.
Once it fits, it is fantastic! You can train your dog, jog or walk between sessions and stay put till you finish a game of Canicross. They refer to this particular harness as a shock absorber. This means that no matter how rough of Canicross, the dog participates in, the harness will hold on safely without shifting.
2. LasaLine Canicross Dog Harness
- The Lasaline X Back dog harness designed and made in Europe is ideal for bike, ski joring dog scooting, canicross, sledges, etc. Whether you are starting with dog sports, are an enthusiastic amateur or a professional, it fulfils its task 100% for any type of application in dog sports. Whether you are planning long or shorter distances, especially on long distances, it keeps evenly stable, ensures lasting quality and therefore a lot of pleasure.
- With many years of experience, the design and cut have been perfected. This X Back harness is specially designed with a double soft padding in the chest area, as the main pull load is carried here. It thus provides special comfort and protects especially coat and skin.
- It stabilises, supports and protects the entire back for the well-being of your pet and trains the back muscles evenly. The bands are sewn 4 times for extreme use. On the side and neck area, the harness is equipped with fabric reflectors for more safety.
- International products have separate terms, are sold from abroad and may differ from local products, including fit, age ratings, and language of product, labeling or instructions.
If you want a fun pop of blue on a classic black sturdy harness, LasaLine has one of the best Canicross harnesses. A special feature of this product is it comes in a variant range of sizes. It doesn’t matter what breed or size your dog is, the brand has something for every hound!
The design isn’t just stylish to look at or flaunt in a pack of other canines. Rather it is punched with the most benefits. The X-Back provides the most comfort and doesn’t allow fur shedding.
This type of design is specially used in training dogs, so you can train away for Canicross without worrying about straining or shedding. Furthermore, it also helps reduce the tension in the rope line as the dog pulls its human puller. It doesn’t matter what the distance is.
3. Newka Canicross Dog Harness
- 🐕 FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT: This Dog Tether + Harness Kit allows you to run with your dog or to practice an outdoor sport of your choice together while having your hands free thanks to the adjustable Belly Belt with its pouch that can hold your phone, keys or treats... 🏃
- 🐕 SAFETY: This complete canicross kit consists of an animal harness (arnet chien) and the leash to run with his elastic dog are equipped with REFLECTIVE BANDS for your night outings and to cushion and thus promote better shock absorption during acceleration of your four-legged friend without risk of strangulation. Combine pleasure and safety. Its dorsal handle allows you to keep your dog close to you if necessary. 🚶
- 🐕 HEALTH: With the medium anti-traction dog harness and the running dog leash, doing physical activity together will develop your complicity, your physical fitness while being connected. Count on your pet to motivate you to do sports and help you through the difficult moments of your sports practice thanks to the harness lanyard and the canicross belt. Your cani vtt, canirando, walk will become moments of sharing and good health.
- 🐕 SPORT AND LEISURE: This canicross kit with harness is used for many physical efforts such as running, walking, hiking. Whether you are a fan of walking, Nordic walking, hiking, trail, dog running, jogging, jogging, scooter or mom (dad) with stroller in hands, this kit will accompany you to do sports, be in good health you and your doggie. It is a dog leash for running, walking, strolling, sharing.
- 🐕 [MONEY BACK GUARANTEE]: The dog lanyard and harness kit is eligible for a 30-day money back guarantee. So don't hesitate to get off the beaten track and improve your physical condition by practicing a sporting activity with your faithful companion.
What makes Newka’s Canicross harness so special? It allows canines to freely move around, which makes it the perfect harness to train and go into competition with! This ensures that the dog feels no strain on its neck while pulling at you.
No matter what kind of activity you and your pet dog is participating in, this harness endures all types of physical stresses. It is well-made, and you can tell from the first couple of tries.
You can easily count on Newka because it knows how to ensure safety and comfort while still giving high-quality service for ages. Moreover, it is a packed set with on-spot essentials. A great feature on this is the adjustable belt with a spacious bag to keep in your absolute necessities close-by.
4. DogFit Canicross Starter-Kit
- High quality, comfortable, complete canicross kit manufactured by DogFit in the UK.
- DogFit canicross dog harness in RED bungee line, kitbag & beginners guide.
- DogFit canicross human running belt with back pocket and 2m bungee line.
- Kit bag and Beginners Guide to Canicross.
- PLEASE SELECT YOUR DOG HARNESS SIZE ABOVE AND REFER TO SIZING IMAGE
Need a start kit to prepare for a Canicross experience in a short time? DogFit has got you covered with its beginner-friendly tool kit. And after a long day of trying to make it to the other end of the course, you can walk back your hound with DogFit’s comfortable belt.
As a beginner’s Canicross kit, this one is a steal because of its affordable price point. Dog owners rave about this not for only that reason, but also because this set proves to be sturdy. Yes, it’s no cheap set that will break off or come loose after a few rough uses!
It is packed with essentials your paw friend needs and will find comfortable. Overall DogFit assures great quality, allowing you to adjust to your need, providing features for a better fit.
5. Northern Howl X-Back Dog Harness
- Professional x-back dog harness, available in sizes S - XXXL.
- Ideal for bikejoring, skijoring, canicross, dogscooting, and dogtrekking.
- It is perfectly suitable for an optimal power transfer.
- With breathable air-mesh padding.
- 4 rows of stitching for extreme usage.
Last but not least, here’s a dog harness recommendation that pulls weights like a pro! It hugs a hound’s body in high fashion with a firm grip.
Northern Howl’s revolutionary harness for Canicross comes in a black and neon colour. It is made for professional sports, designed in X-back style for extreme training. The brand discriminates no size of canine, which is why it ranges from S all the way to XXXXL!
Once you start harnessing your doggo for training, he will know no limits because this product ensures such safety that it incites confidence to go the extra mile in high speed.
If you want to find out more about the sport, read this Canicross introduction.