Let’s talk about the one popular activity where there is pretty much no limit for you and your dog – Canicross. It is well-known in the UK. It is full of thrill and allows you both run along in tandem. I’ve recently started Canicross with my Patterdale terrier Blake, and he loves it. Canicross works really well with dogs who are pullers. Canicross is one of the trendiest sports that huskies, hounds and such other breeds can enjoy. Today we are on the hunt for the best Canicross belt.
Whoever says Canicross is a silly hobby has never experienced it! It’s more than just walking your dog outside the house. You can literally let your doggo be a kindred spirit, as he pulls you along. Imagine the joy in him when he gets to have fun running at the same speed as his hooman!
How to Prepare for the Run?
Although Canicross is a ton of fun, it requires high energy and some great deal of preparation. In this preparation process, not only do you need to have a dog or two of the appropriate breed, but you also need to get them used to it and put in a bit of training.
As well as that, make sure that you have got the right clothing and equipment. As well as a Canicross belt it is important that you are wearing comfortable clothing such as loose fitting T-shirt and sports top and a good pair of yoga or running leggings. Having good running shoes for Canicross is vital, otherwise you can risk injury or put unnecessary strain on your feet and body.
Buying Guide for Canicross Belt
When you start training, you both can take your time with it and increase the distance. I used the Couch to 5K app which was a brilliant way to pace myself when I started out.
Since dogs are always high in adrenaline when they’re doing an energy-packed activity like running, they prone to getting injuries. So getting the right harness and canicross belt and lead for your dog is also really important.
Canicross requires a human runner to be linked to the hound, which means taking precautions are a must. Buy a belt that will hold you and your dog’s rope securely so that you are attached at all times during the game. The rope needs to be a ‘bungee’ style rope so that it has some give in it – this will mean that it doesn’t jerk your dog.
Choosing a Good Canicross Belt
A good Canicross belt is that which suits your preference and is comfortable.
Consider the pressure point: Where do you want to be pulled from? Although they will be trained, Canicross requires your hounds to have more control over the pulling part and the speed. Figure out which part of the torso you’re comfortable with feeling the pressure.
Pro tip: Make sure to do enough push-ups and strengthen your core so you can have better reflexes!
Padding: The more the padding, the more comfort. However, you also don’t want all the extra weight to slow you down in the race. So getting this balance right is crucial especially if you are taking Canicross seriously.
Material: It goes without saying that the fabric has to be comfortable to avoid bruising or discomfort.
Now let’s move on to the best Canicross belts from manufacturers who ensure the safety of you and your furries!
1. Rock Empire CaniX Lite Waist Belt
- Lightweight 173g
- Rock Empire CaniX Belt
- Very adjustable, One size adjustable to fit most waist & hip sizes
Product Link: Buy it here
Up first, we have a lightweight number for your ease. The overall design of this CaniX Lite Waist Belt is quite minimal. This mean, when you train or go for a run with this, it will not slow you down with all the extra weight.
Given that, it is not short of sturdiness as the quality is quite unmatched. It will put optimum tension wherever you decide to wear it, without leaving you anxious about the tear. The belts are tight and secure, also adjustable to fit you and your dog.
Overall, this is a perfect belt for Canicross runners and champions!
2. Non-Stop Running Belt
Product Link: Buy it here!
Let your pooch run non-stop as you wear this running belt from a top tier quality European brand. It keeps you stylish, looks and feels safe every time you go for a run.
These come with extra leg straps, which give you more control. Don’t worry; they won’t rub in the summer. Apart from that, it features a bag of compact size to store in your absolute necessities on the run.
3. One Trail Durable Bungee Leash
- MADE FOR RUNNERS, BY RUNNERS. THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED FOR MAXIMUM ENJOYMENT WITH YOUR BEST FRIEND. We combined our favorite features from traditional running belts and hands free leashes to make a lightweight, minimalistic, and ultra comfortable Hands Free Leash. Designed to comfortably run, walk, or hike with your best friend while keeping the necessities close by. Our hands-free dog leash is perfect for you next adventure.
- DURABLE, WATER RESISTANT, WASHABLE. Constructed from water resistant fabrics, the waist pack will proetct your belongings from sweat and bad weather. Extra wide, dual adjust nylon straps and heavy duty plastic buckle will make sure your pack stays put through any activity. Features breathable mesh to wick away sweat, and dual adjust straps for the perfect fit, you'll love the convenience of staying active with your best friend using our Hands free Leash!
- NO MORE BOUNCING. We designed the waist back to be worn snug at your natural waist. Tighten with dual adjust straps for the perfect, no-bounce fit during vigorous exercise. For more casual activity, pack can be worn low on the hips, either forward or backward. Generous adjustment allows the waist pack to fit 25" to 50" waists. A great fit for every body.
Product Link: Buy it Here
Train and stay in one trail with this durable bungee leash that comes with a no-bounce pack. You can go hands-free and let your precious pupper run about with you in joy.
This product is a runner’s favourite item because the belt is built for a no-hassle and tension-free run every single time. What’s most impressive is how lightweight and bounce-free it is, ensuring you and your pet dog the most comfort.
4. DogFit Canicross Starter Kit
- High quality, comfortable, complete canicross kit manufactured by DogFit in the UK.
- DogFit canicross dog harness in RED bungee line, kitbag & beginners guide.
- DogFit canicross human running belt with back pocket and 2m bungee line.
Product Link: Buy it here!
DogFit is no low-key brand for the furries. If you and your doggo are about to go for your first ever Canicross experience, this brand’s starter kit has everything you need.
No matter which breed of dog you have, he will fit as this set allows adjustability to your will. The sturdiness is admirable on this because you can literally keep using this for weeks on without complaints.
It has the best of everything – belt, harness, clip, hook, bungee line and an entire starter guide with jumpy tips! Overall it is priced fairly and is a great set to start your training with.
5. DogFit CANICROSS Running Belt
- Delivery in 48 hours
- Unisex one size, adjustable leg straps. Large zipped pocket at back
- Super strong and manufactured to high standard in the UK
Product Link: Buy it here!
DogFit is so widely loved by doggos and their owners that we had to mention one last number. This time, a belt on its own as you were on the hunt for!
The running belt absorbs high tension. During training, you will realize how much rough use you can get out of it. Even after days on, its runner stitches and high quality makes it hold on tight.
Perhaps the best thing about this is the attached bag that it comes with! Store your keys, small sweet treats for the good boy and a granola bar for yourself, maybe? It fits all your necessities in its compact space while still looking stylish in black.
Overall, this is a really convenient belt.