Kong dog toys are our favourite dog toys on the market. Today’s blog is all about the Kong Dog Toys and why we love them so much. Kong dog toys are durable, safe, high quality – even for strong chewers. They certainly get Blake’s approval!
What are the most popular Kong Dog Toys?
You are probably familiar with the classic black Kong or the ‘Kong Extreme’ as it’s called. This is the Kong that is black and you stuff it with your dogs favourite food such as peanut butter.
- Instinctual Needs: The KONG Extreme black rubber toy helps satisfy dogs' instinctual needs and provides mental stimulation. Healthy play is important for dogs' physical and mental development, emotions and behavior. By encouraging healthy play and satisfying instinctual needs, this toy helps solve chewing, separation anxiety, teething, boredom, weight management, crate training, digging, barking and more!
- Fetch Toy: The KONG Extreme's unpredictable bounce makes for exciting games of fetch and other interactive play with your pet.
- Power Chewing Dogs: The KONG Extreme black rubber formula is created for power chewing dogs.
The black one is designed for even the toughest chewers such as Patterdales, Jack Russells and Staffys. Blake loves it when we stuff it with yoghurt or banana. When you freeze them – they will last even longer. We prepare these for Blake and leave him with one when we go out to keep him occupied.
- Provides a gentle and comfortable chewing outlet while satisfying instinctual needs
- KONG Senior rubber formula is customized for an aging dog's chewing and play needs
- Specially formulated KONG rubber for senior dogs
But the great thing about the classic Kong is that it comes in different colours so that you can choose the most appropriate one for your dog. For example, there are pink for puppies and purple for senior dogs.
The Kong Seashells for dogs are a fun new ocean themed range of Kong Dogs toys. The are soft plush toys coated in a durable rubber outer shell. The starfish is great for smaller dogs such as chihuahuas and smaller terriers. The lobster and turtle are medium sized so great for slightly bigger dogs such as Staffys, Spaniels and beagles.
Blake was lucky enough to get a Kong Cruncheez cow from his aunty Suzie. He loves it bacause of it’s soft texture but also the rattling and crackling noises, hence the name Kong Cruncheez!
You can read Blake’s full Kong Cruncheez review here.
- Soft, cuddly plush
- Interior bottle creates enticing crunch sounds
- Rattles for added fun
Also in the same range there is a Kong Cruncheez Pig and a Kong Cruncheez Sheep (Alfies favourite!) The sheep comes in two sizes – medium or large so you can get the right size for your pooch.
The Kong Wubba toys are durable and great for tug-o-war or pulling games. All of my terriers have had one of these – they love pulling on it and shaking it!
- Reinforced fabric and stitching for long lasting fun
- Long floppy tails ideal for shaking and tugging instincts
- Great for solo or interactive playtime
As Kong Wubba became more and more popular, so did the demand for different versions of this toy. Although Blake is happy enough with his classic, there are plenty of other versions including the Kong Wubba Snugga, Kong Wubba friends (Lion and chipmunk) and Kong Wubba Fins (fish)!
Does your dog love playing fetch with sticks? You will probably know that sticks can be unhygeinic, messy and even dangerous for dogs. Kong came up with the perfect solution – Kong Safestix so that you can play fetch with your dog without worrying about any of these issues. They are strong durable and colourful sticks that your dog will just love.
Does your dog love playing in paddling pools or ponds? Maybe he needs a Kong Aqua. These durable Kong dog toys are designed to be waterproof and withstand rough play in water. Our favourite is the floating Octopus!