Flea bombs are products used to kill fleas that can be used for your house. If you want to get rid of the fleas in your home, a good option is to use flea bombs as they are effective in the home rather than just treating your dog. This is because fleas get in everything at home especially soft furnishings such as carpets, sofas and cushions. So you need to treat both your dog and your house to get rid of an infestation.
Why is it important to get rid of flea infestations?
It’s important to get rid of a flea infestation as soon as possible. This is because fleas are very difficult to get rid of and it’s easy for them return if not get rid of properly. Once you have an infestation it is likely to keep getting worse until treated, because they will transfer from your dog to your soft furnishing and vice versa – and they will probably start laying eggs in your home!
Fleas are dangerous because they spread disease and can make your dog sick if not taken care of. They can also bite humans.
Treat your dog using a vet approved flea treatment such as Frontline or Simparica. Then treat your home with a flea bomb as well.
- KILLS FLEAS - Fleas jumping onto your treated dog are killed within 24 hours, preventing infestations from building up
- KILLS TICKS - Ticks latching onto your treated dog are killed within 48 hours, helping to reduce the risk of disease transmission
- TRIED AND TRUSTED - FRONTLINE's original vet-strength formula has an exemplary safety profile and can be used on puppies weighing more than 2 kg, from 8 weeks of age
Best flea bombs for the House
When you use flea bombs in your house, it’s important to know which one is the best flea bombs for the house so you can get the maximum results from them. Read the instructions of any flea bomb before using it. Animals and family members should not be in the same room (or even in the house) when the flea bomb goes off.
Johnsons Flea Fogger
The one that we used when our Jack Russell had fleas was the Johnsons Flea fogger. They are very effective. You can get them in twin packs.
Bob Martin Clear Flea Bomb
A good product to use is the Bob Martin Flea Bomb. It’s a non-toxic and odorless formulation. It’s an effective product – one application will quickly kill fleas and eradicate infestations for up to three months.
- KILLS FLEAS - One application will quickly kill fleas and eradicate infestations for up to three months
- PROTECT YOUR HOME - 95% of flea infestations are in the home, warm rooms provide a haven for fleas, which jump from your pet onto carpets and soft furnishings
- HOW TO USE - Take the flea bomb from the carton, remove the seal and lid. Place the flea bomb on a fireproof surface in the centre of the room and ignite the wick (leave the room and close the door)
Beaphar Flea Fumigator
Another good option is the Beaphar Flea Fumigator. It covers about 2500 feet of space so you can easily treat the large area if needed. The Beaphar Flea Fumigator is effective against flying and crawling insects such as houseflies, clusterflies, fruitflies, mosquitoes, wasps, ants, bedbugs and cockroaches!
- Kills fleas, flies and bed bugs
- Highly effective smoke generator
- For use in domestic situations
There are many other products to choose from but the ones listed above are among the best flea bombs for the house. Choose one of these products so you can get rid of fleas in your home effectively and keep them from coming back.
Top Tips for using Flea Bombs
When you use flea bombs at home it’s important to note that they are very messy and it is usually advised for humans and animals to be out of the house for between 2-4 hours after the flea bomb is set off.
- Plan to be out of the house for a few hours after the flea bomb
- People in the household who are asthmatic or suffer from allergies may prefer to plan to be out of the house overnight
- Move as many personal objects that are unaffected by fleas out of the room e.g. books, ornaments and personal objects that are not soft furnishings
- Wash your dogs bed on a high temperature at the same time as doing the flea bomb
- Seal off any rooms that you don’t want to be affected by the flea bomb
Prevention is always better than Cure!
Despite the fact that these flea bombs are highly effective, prevention is always better than a cure. We recommend that you keep up to date with your dogs flea treatment such as Simparica or Frontline. If fleas are not clinging to your dog it is highly unlikely that your dog will bring them inside. This will minimise the chances of a flea infestation in your home in the first place.