Let’s be totally honest – Manic and CBD oil are not the words that you want to hear at your first visit with the dog trainer! But they are actually the words that were used following the trainers first meeting with our rescue Patterdale Blake! I was certainly apprehensive about trying CBD oil on my dog, but after some reading and research I found out that it is often used to help dogs with medical conditions such as cancer, arthritis and anxiety.
Although we didn’t see a drastic change in Blake in trying out the CBD oil, there was certainly no harm in trying. What works for some dogs doesn’t work for others. However, many pet owners are finding that CBD helps them relax their beloved pets without the side effects of other medications.
CBD Oil for Dogs – What is it used for?
CBD oil is a safe and effective holistic solution for pain relief in dogs. It helps with inflammation , pain, arthritis, and anxiety for both dogs (and cats). It may be effective when trying to train an extremely stressed out or previously abused dog.
CBD oil for dogs is a great alternative to prescription painkillers. Dog owners have reported many dogs going through chemotherapy recover from their nausea with CBD. it can also help them from vomiting and losing their appetite, making it easier on the body to keep up with other treatments.
CBD oil for dogs can be a great alternative to traditional pet medications. Pet owners using CBD oil have seen many of their pets recover from allergies, joint pain and seizures. If your veterinarian recommends CBD products for your furry friend , you may try some of the popular brands such as: Medipaws, Pawsome products and TeddyDo.
Of course, only use it on the advise of canine professionals such as dog trainers and veterinarians.
You are not getting your dog high!
It’s important to note that this is not the Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is the main psychoactive cannabinoid found in cannabis, and causes the sensation of getting “high” that’s often associated with marijuana. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive.
How do you use CBD Oil for dogs?
It’s very simple – just drop a few drops onto your dogs food using a pipette. The dosage should be adjusted according to your dogs size and medical condition, so seek vetinary advice on the correct dosage fro your dog.
CBD Oil for Dogs UK
You can buy CBD Oil for dogs in the UK online via amazon.co.uk. Here are some of our favourite products:
Medipaws Calming Hemp Oil for Dogs
This MediPaws® Dog Calming Hemp Oil For Dogs is made from 100% Pure Organic Hemp Oil. It is useful in keeping dogs of all sizes calm and relaxed. This product is rich In Fatty Acids Which Maintains Good Joint Health and Function.
- 🟢 No Need For Dog Calming Plugin Or Sprays - 100% Pure Organic Hemp Oil For Dogs Is An All-Natural Calming Oil To Help Pets Of All Sizes Helping To Keep Your Dog Calm and Relaxed (Works Well With Anti Barking Dog Collars, Dog Barking Deterrent Devices & Calming Dog Bed)
- 🟢 Maintains Healthy Dog Joints - Rich In Fatty Acids Which Maintains Good Joint Health & Function, Helps To Support Joints (Works Well with Turmeric, Glucosamine & Green Lipped Mussel Joint Supplements)
- 🟢 Supports & Maintains Healthy Skin- Powerful Antioxidants & Omega 3 6 9 Fatty Acids Help To Calm Dog Scratching, Itchy Skin, Ears and Dryness (No Need for Dog Calming Tablets, Sprays or Dog Calming Plugin)
STRELLALAB Hemp Oil for Dogs
This premium grade hemp for dogs is rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6. It is gelatin free and can be used on dogs and cats!
- Organic and pure, cold pressed hemp oil
- Premium grade hemp
- Rich with Omega-3 and Omega-6.
Chicpet UK Natural Hempseed Oil for Dogs
An amazing natural supplement that can give your pet a glossy shine to their coat and provides excellent joint lubrication.
- PHYSICAL BENEFITS OF HEMP SEED OIL – Hemp seed oil is an amazing natural supplement, with a wide variety of uses. It has a unique blend of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids unavailable in any other plant. These oils give your pet a glossy shine to their coat and provides excellent joint lubrication.
- PRODUCT FEATURES - Our Hemp seed oil is 100% natural with no artificial flavourings, colours or additives. We use a cold pressed technique to extract the oil, this helps to ensure there is no loss of vital vitamins, minerals or fats during the manufacturing process.
Kinpur Natural Hemp Oil for Dogs
Kinpur natural hemp oil for dogs helps your dog relax and stay calm during the day and at night. It’s made in the USA and comes with an easy to use pipette to add it to your dogs food easily.
- Safe and Effective: playful dogs are fun, but jumpy, overactive dogs pose a risk to themselves and people around them. Our hemp oil for dogs & cats helps your dog relax & stay calm during the day & at night.
- Made in the USA: at 500,000 mg, you get more in each bottle than any other on the market. Get the full strength benefits of hemp calming treats for dogs & cats for lower prices and in a bottle that lasts longer.
- Easy-to-Feed: just mix a few drops of our natural hemp extract into your dog’s lunch or dinner. They'll hardly be able to taste the difference as it doesn't have any irritating scent or taste.
CBD Oil for Dogs – Reviews from Customers
Reviews are overwhelmingly positive, “It’s been a lifesaver for my dog. He has had severe hip dysplasia since he was around 1.5 years old; And now at almost 10 is on his last leg but this oil has done wonders for him.”
Works wonders for pets! “My dog was recently diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and this medicine is a lifesaver…She’s been on prednisone for 10 years; And although the side effects were manageable she began showing signs of skin allergies to it…Thankfully, she has responded amazingly well to this and is making great progress towards a full recovery!”
Another customer says ” My 16 year old dog has been experiencing pain for some time now. We were at the point where I had no choice but to have him put down if we couldn’t find something that could help him. I ordered this and a week later he was acting like a much younger dog!
Do you use CBD oil for your dogs?
We’ve found that many pet owners have experienced amazing results with these products. We would love to hear your story about how CBD has helped your pet! If you have used it and found it to be beneficial, please comment on our blog below.