Have you ever tried to give your dog his tablet and he will just eat around it or spit it out. That is exactly what Blake did when I tried to give him his worming tablet! Then we discovered this amazing invention – pill pockets for dogs.
What are Pill Pockets for Dogs?
Pill Pockets for Dogs are especially designed for you to put your dogs pills into and make giving medicine to your dog mess and stress free. Whether it’s routine worming tablets or daily medication for a chronic condition, Pill Pockets for Dogs will make your life a lot easier. Simply pop the tablet into the doggie pill pocket and then feed him or her the treat.
How do they work?
The pill pockets mask the scent of the tablet because the treat scent is much stronger and so your dog will just think he is eating a meaty treat. They come in different sizes so you can try different ones with your dogs medication until you get the size right. They make feeding your dog medicine a much more positive experience.
Greenies Pill Pockets
You can order Greenies pill pockets online through Amazon. Greenies pill pockets come in different flavours including chicken, hickory smoke, cheese and peanut butter! So you can be sure to find your dogs favourite. They also come in tablet and capsule size.
- When it comes to taking medicine, pets will eat anything you give them except the meds themselves, So we made a tasty treat that's a smarter way to help the medicine go down; healthier alternative to human foods, such as cheese or peanut butter
- GREENIES PILL POCKETS are made with natural ingredients; this healthy dog treat comes in a variety of flavors, including chicken, real peanut butter and hickory smoke; they mask the smell of the medication for a stress-free, mess-free experience
- PILL POCKETS Treats for Dogs are easy to use. Just place the medicine capsule or tablet inside the pocket, pinch it closed and share it with your dog; give your dog medicine disguised as a great-tasting dog treat
The Greenies Pill Pockets are healthy and made with natural ingredients. But how do you use them? Simply push the pill or tablet in with your thumb and forefinger. Then pinch the top closed so that your dog has no idea that the tablet is in there!
- Contains one (1) 32 oz 30-count pack of GREENIES PILL POCKETS Tablet Size Dog Treats Chicken Flavor; MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS plus trace nutrients
- GREENIES Pill Pockets are the tasty, smarter way to help your dog’s medicine go down at treatment time—without trying to hide pills in human food like messy peanut butter or cheese
- Your dog won’t be able to sniff out the medicine: Pill Pockets mask the smell and taste, and come in an irresistible chicken flavor for a stress- and mess-free experience for you both
The chicken Greenies are a popular choice. There are 30 pockets in this bag so enough for 30 tablets – that’s a months worth if your dog needs one tablet per day.
- Take the stress out of giving medications
- Tuck the pill or capsule into the built in pocket and your dog gets medication along with a tasty flavored treat
- Designed by veterinarians to be a nutritionally balanced treat
Blake is a big fan of peanut butter so he would probably love these!
Greenies are an excellent brand and very popular in the USA. There are lots of alternatives available on the market such as these pill treats for dogs that we use for Blake now that he has to have daily Samylin (dietary supplement). Other options including hiding your dogs tablet in wet dog food, cheese slices or even wrapping it in ham!
Further Reading on Canine Health
If you found this article helpful and are interested in further reading on dog health then you might also like to read these articles: