NB – We tried him with it supervised first of course, and then built up the amount of time he was left alone with AND had a dog cam in the kitchen to make sure he was safe (there is always a risk leaving any dog unsupervised with a toy so be aware of this).
What is the Treat Dispensing Ball for Dogs?
It’s kind of an egg shaped ball and you can screw the top off to pop treats inside and then seal it. The treats slowly dispense from one whole when your dog bops or pushes it. Some dogs nudge it with their nose or bop it with their paw. It’s surprising, but they figure it out quickly!
- It is a funny dog foraging toy, it can let the dog see, smell, hear it and found the snacks in side the toy. It could arouse the interested and the appetites of dogs
- One size fits all,UK Sizes 7-14,EU 39-48, Great for men
- The material is made of 85% combed cotton, 10% polyester, 5% other
This pet food ball that we use for Blake is made from non-toxic materials. It’s also easy to clean as it separates into parts so that you can wash it easily. It’s built to satistfy your dogs hunting instincts! Here he is bopping his egg…
What Dog Food to use in the Treat Dispensing Ball
Small kibble works well in them such as Iams. If you want to make it really interesting, mix in a few of his favourite treats as long as they are the right size for the hole!
- Product packaging relaunch and formula is taking place; please note packaging and product may vary from the visual shown
- Dog food for small and medium breeds with up to 85 percent of animal protein to support seven signs of healthy vitality
- Wheat free pet food with no fillers, artificial colours, flavours or GMOs
Benefits of using a Food Dispensing Ball for your Dog
A treat dispensing ball is great for terriers because they were originally working breeds and this encourages them to work for their food, diverting some of that energy and giving them mental stimulation at the same time. So while some people using it as a distraction during stressful times such as when there are visitors, fireworks or being left alone, many dog owners use it as a regular way to feed their terriers.
Alternative Treat Dispensing Balls on Amazon
There are many different dog treat dispensing balls available on Amazon. Although we love the one above, you may like to consider some of these…
LumoLeaf Treat Ball
This LumoLeaf treat ball has adjustable settings so that you can increase the difficult as your dog gets better at accessing the treats!
- ★ PLAY SMARTER with your dog with the LumoLeaf IQ Dog Treat Ball Toy. Fill it with his favorite treats or kibble and challenge him to get them out. Strengthen your dog’s mental capabilities while preventing boredom, furniture damage and fussy eater.
- ★ KEEP HIM ON HIS TOES with LumoLeaf Treat Dispensing Ball. By controlling how many treats are dispensed and how easily they come out via adjusting the sliding door of the port, your dog’s problem-solving IQ will continue to grow.
- ★ PROMOTE GOOD DIGESTION by slowing-down your dog’s eating pace. This deters vomiting and bloat caused by swallowing too much air at meal time. This 5” interactive dog treat ball toy is ideal for small to medium breed sizes.
Kong Rewards Ball
Kong have a fantastic reputation of making the most durable dog toys. Your dog will love this Kong Rewards ball which has a bounce and roll action to keep dogs stimulated.
- Treat Dispenser Toy: Durable treat dispenser to enhance mental stimulation during play.
- Interactive Ball: Bounce and roll action keeps dogs active and engaged
- Quiet Play: The Reward Ball's durable material is designed for long-lasting sessions of quiet fun.
Feixun Pets Rubber Treat dog ball
Thi is a 2 pack of treat dispensing dog balls that have the added advantage of cleaning your dog teeth as he tries to get the treats out!